Autologous Fat Transfer
Your patient’s fat is the only
all-natural, permanent filler…
Why use anything else?
The LipiVage® System is an innovation in fat harvesting that gently separates and concentrates fat cells within a closed, sterile device for improved quality while saving valuable time. This patented disposable, medical device was created to make fat transfer procedures simpler for the physician and their staff, and to satisfy the need for an office-based technique.
LipiVage® is designed to yield better fat harvesting results over traditional fat transfer harvesting methods by reducing and/or eliminating:
- High Vacuum & Pressure Levels
- The Time Fat is Outside the Body
- The Number of Transfers
- G-Forces of Centrifuging
- Over-Handling of Fat Cells
- Risk of Infection
- Trauma to Fat Cells
Overview of the LipiVage® System:
The innovative device harvests autologous fat cells at a low vacuum level significantly gentler than current methods. Fat cells collect in the patented harvester, a sterile filtration chamber enclosed within the LipiVage® device. Once inside, the fat is gently cleaned and concentrated by the low vacuum and filter. Unwanted fluids pass through the fat and filter, and out into an attached waste canister. The end result yields intact, viable, concentrated fat cells, immediately ready for re-injection.
LipiVage® Prepares Fat Cells for Lasting Results:
- Closed, sterile system
- Gentle on fat cells; uses low vacuum
- No centrifuge required
- No need to pour off liquids or oils after harvesting
- Fat is immediately ready for re-injection
- Disposable; no sterile processing required
- NEW Twist-lock cannula connection (LipiVage® Kit with disposable cannula) ensures a positive lock throughout the procedure
- NEW Universal tubing attachment ensures a fast and easy setup with readily available tubing
LipiVage® is the ideal tool for harvesting the ideal filler.
Many agree that fat makes an ideal dermal filler. It is natural, readily available and may even provide permanent results. However, until now, fat harvesting has required relatively difficult, inefficient and time-consuming processing steps. In addition, traditional methods of processing fat may have been detrimental to cell viability and lasting results.
LipiVage® was specifically created for harvesting fat simply, quickly and gently… giving fat a better chance for survival.
Harvesting A Better Way:
LipiVage® is an innovative product that provides a better way to harvest fat. Provided with the security and convenience of a sterile packaged device, LipiVage® is the first product to provide an alternative to the potentially harmful processes currently used to harvest fat.
- Gentle: LipiVage® minimizes cell damage by gently harvesting fat at low vacuum levels(1). Standard syringe harvesting cannot do this.
- Protects Fat Cells: LipiVage® protects fat cells by sparing them from the damaging g-forces of centrifugation(2,3), a common method used to separate fat from fluids.
- Saves Time: LipiVage® allows the user to separate and concentrate fat cells within the device while harvesting. Harvested fat is ready to transfer and inject immediately.
How LipiVage® Works:
The tubing set is connected to an aspirator and the vacuum level is set. The transfer adapter is removed and the recommended aspiration cannula is attached. Fat is harvested for approximately one minute and then fluids are drained for a few seconds. Fat is then transferred into injection syringes using the transfer adapter supplied. The plunger tip is used to wipe the inner walls clean in between harvests. Harvesting steps are repeated for additional fat if needed.
- Harvest: Fat cells collect in the filter chamber suspended within the harvester body. Fat cells are gently pulled toward the inner walls of the filter and are collected along the length of the filter in front of the blue plunger tip, while fluids wash through.
- Concentrate: Once inside, the fat is gently concentrated as the tumescent fluid is removed. Fluid and oils pass through the fat and the filter walls and are carried to the waste receptacle via the tubing set. Due to the low vacuum, there is very little oil present because fewer fat cells are damaged during harvesting.
- Optional Lavage or Washing Capability: LipiVage® can also be used in conjunction with preferred proteins, PRP or growth factor enriched solution to gently lavage the harvested fat cells within the LipiVage® device.
- Transfer: After fluids are drained, the concentrated and cleaned fat is immediately ready for injection. The unique LipiVage® plunger tip design gently wipes the fat from the inner filter walls and transfers the fat as the plunger is pushed forward gradually.
LipiVage® is available in the Standard and High Volume sizes. You can expect to harvest approximately 8-10 CCs of viable fat per harvest with the standard size and approximately 20-25 CCs per harvest with the High Volume size. The standard size is typically used in facial and hand procedures and the High Volume size is used in larger body procedures.
- Twist-Lock Cannula Connection (available with LipiVage® Kit only): The disposable cannula twists, clicks and locks for greater stability while harvesting.
- Cannula Harvesting Design (available with LipiVage® Kit only): New configuration ensures constant vacuum even when harvesting superficially.
- Universal Tubing Connection: Tubing is held tightly in place with the new graduated fitting.
LipiVage® Harvest System:
The LipiVage® Harvest System is ideal for use in an in-office or operating room setting. Precise vacuum control allows an aspirator to be used with the Standard and High Volume LipiVage® Fat Harvest, Wash and Transfer Systems.
- Fast Vacuum Build-Up: The membrane vacuum regulator enables vacuum build-up within seconds and ensures an accurate vacuum setting for Lipivage®. The vacuum gauge is read in mmHg and is clearly marked for setting vacuum levels specific for LipiVage® fat harvesting procedures.
- Quiet: The maintenance-free system operates quietly and without vibration.
- Overflow Protection System: The suction/waste canister (1 liter) is autoclavable and reusable and is designed with an optional built-in overflow protection system. Multiple suction/waste canister sizes allow for a variety of collection volumes.
- Compact and Portable: The portable trolley features a convenient foot switch for hands-free operation of the suction.
The ideal choice for fat harvesting: LipiVage®.
Note: Neither the following referenced authors nor articles imply directly or indirectly an endorsement of LipiVage®
1 Facial Fat Grafting by Wendy Gottlieb, MD, Staff Physician, Department of Plastic Surgery, University of Virginia; Emedicine, June 21, 2002.
2 Discussions in Search of Improved Fat Viability by Charles Puckett, MD and Benjamin Becker, MD; Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Vol. 113, No. 1, January 2004.
3 Comparative Experimental Study of Autologous Adipose Tissue Processed by Different Techniques. Aesthetic Plastic Surgery,1993 Spring; 17(2):113-5.